December 19, 2016

DIY | Cat Tea Bags





Five more days until Christmas and I am beyond excited to finally get some time off!

A lot of the time people get stressed out with gift giving and planning but I think it's important to take a step back and to be thankful for all that you have and the ultimate thing during this holiday time is to spend it with the ones you care about. No one's going to care about that one forgotten or dud gift. It's really the thought that counts and creating new experiences.

Now, if you DO want to get someone a gift, a homemade one is always a thousand times better than a store bought one (well unless its a computer... I'm not talented enough to put one of those together even for myself!). This DIY in particular is for my cat-crazy-tea-lovers (I think you'll know who you are so I'm sorry in advance for spoiling part of your Christmas surprise). Read on to see how I made these adorable cat shaped tea bags out of coffee filters!

TIME

Prepare to spend half a day if you have supplies and a sewing machine on hand. If you're brave enough to attempt with hand sewing, I recommend allowing yourself more time. I made 3 dozen in about 3-4 hours.

SUPPLIES

  • Coffee filters
  • Scissors
  • Loose leaf tea (I used two holiday specials from David's Tea from here I used both Santa's Secret and Snow Day)
  • Sewing Machine
  • Paper to make tags
  • String


STEPS
  1. Cut the coffee filters into cat like shapes
  2. Sew all edges but one so you can fill the tea bags
  3. Fill the tea bags with a 1-2 spoonfuls of loose leaf tea. Do not overfill or closing off the open edge will be difficult
  4. Sew the last edge to close off the tea bag
  5. Make cat shaped tags to match the tea bags
  6. Attach cat tags to the tea bags with string
  7. Package and gift!






1 comment:

  1. These look so cute and so much fun to make! Great idea! xx

    http://www.one-more-slice.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...